1. Declarations & Policies
- Visit Bihar will select the hotel(s) for the tour. Prior to the departure, Visit Bihar will provide the Client with the hotel information, including the name, location, and telephone number of the hotel. In advance of the tour, the Client will inform Visit Bihar whether he or she prefers a shared room or a single room. The Client shall inform Visit Bihar if the Client has any special needs, including a smoking or non-smoking room. If the Client expresses no preference within a reasonable time before the tour, he/she shall get the run of the house room.
- Visit Bihar is not an Air Ticketing or Rail Ticketing Agency but a Tour Company and shall make Air and Rail Travel arrangements for within India and/or International Travel only upon request from the customer.
- We suggest that guests avoid traveling by public transport unless there is no air connection. The public transport system like the trains and busses are not hygienic and unorganized. Securing reservations in Trains is also a problem these days due to the population. Many times your reservation might be turned down if a VIP is traveling. The time table is also not strictly adhered to and you might just loose 1 day of your itinerary because of the train running late. Reservations can be secured 4 months in advance.
- Hotels in India believe in self rating and this is why not all claims made on their websites are true. Hence we suggest that you go with our choice of hotels as by booking them directly you might be overcharged even after commitment.
- Visit Bihar, in its discretion, may substitute portions of the tour, including, but not limited to, sightseeing, hotels, and restaurants, prior to, and during, the tour. Visit Bihar will fully explain such substitutions to the Client as such substitutions become known to Visit Bihar.
- During local or national holidays, some facilities, such as museums and shops, may close or operate on limited schedules. On such occasions, Visit Bihar may make itinerary adjustments to minimize inconvenience to the Client. Visit Bihar will inform the Client well in advance of the departure date if any such adjustments need to be made.
- Only 15 kgs of check-in luggage and 1 hand bag with not more than 5 kgs is allowed on domestic flights. The Client is solely responsible for complying with baggage restrictions and paying any fees imposed for noncompliance. Visit Bihar encourages the Client to contact the airline regarding size and weight restrictions in advance of the tour. Visit Bihar is not responsible for any damage to, or loss of, the Client’s luggage.
- Visit Bihar strongly encourages the Client to carry Travel Insurance for the tour. Visit Bihar warns the Client that insurance carriers require travelers to purchase policies within a limited period of time from payment of the first deposit. The Client will be solely responsible for arranging travel insurance, and Visit Bihar will not be liable for any damages or deficiencies in the Client’s travel insurance coverage.
- The standard check-in & check-out time for hotels in India is 12 noon and in some cases it is 1400 hrs. The client needs to inform Visit Bihar for any early check-in or late check-out time. The early check-in cannot be before 10 am and the last check-out can be 3 pm subject to availability.
- The Client needs to notify Visit Bihar well in advance of any physical challenges or other special needs that may require accommodation or support arrangements on the tour. Visit Bihar will use its best efforts to make accommodations for Clients with special needs, but if such accommodations cannot reasonably be made, Visit Bihar will refund the Client’s deposit/payments according the Cancellation Policy.
- The Client is responsible for bringing and/or purchasing any needed medical supplies. Visit Bihar is not responsible for the purchase of any Client medications or the cost involved for any medical consultation, treatment or procedure.
- The transport provided by Visit Bihar for local sightseeing and excursions will be made available to the guest on disposal basis but only for use within the city limits. To avoid risk the drivers shall not drive longer than 8 - 10 hours in a day.
- Time wise itinerary has been prepared keeping in mind the standard time taken with moderate traffic in the town. Visit Bihar holds no responsibility if any sightseeing or activity is delayed due to traffic.
- If, due to weather, flight schedule changes / cancellations or other uncontrollable factors, the Client is required to spend any additional night(s) en-route to, or from, the Client’s gateway city, the Client will be responsible for his or her own hotel, transfers, meals, and other costs. Visit Bihar does not own or operate the entities that provide goods and services during the tour. This includes, but, is not limited to, lodging facilities, airline, guide services (from third party organizations), train, or other transport companies. All such entities are independent organizations.
2. Payment Terms & Cancellation Policy
Booking & Payment Policy
- 50% of the total cost at the time of booking.
- Balance before 30 days prior to arrival date.
The Client must make a 50% deposit to Visit Bihar to hold a space for a specific tour. FULL PAYMENT is required 30 days prior to the departure date. If the Client joins a tour fewer than 30 days prior to the departure date, the Client must make the Full Payment to hold a space. The amount of the Full Payment will be based on the expenses associated with the Client’s unique tour. Visit Bihar will disclose the amount of the Full Payment and the date such payment is due well in advance of the date such payment is due. All prices are subject to change due to any change in Visit Bihar’s costs, including, but not limited to, changes in the number of group members, fuel costs, and currency fluctuations. Visit Bihar will disclose any change in the amount of the Full Payment well in advance of the date such payment is due.
Bank Charges: The price quoted by Visit Bihar for the tour is the net receivable amount and the commissions paid to the remitting local bank needs to be borne by the sender/client. Visit Bihar is not responsible for any charges, charged by the local or mediator banks for such transactions.
Exchange Rate: Hotels in India, Nepal & Bhutan have a different tariff structure for Indian Nationals & Foreign Nationals. For ease, the offer price may be in the local currency of the country of residence of the client however, Visit Bihar will also mention the existing exchange rate of the currency quoted and Indian Rupee and any change shall be informed to the customer. Visit Bihar will require the Indian equivalent as per the prevailing exchange rate.
- Cancellation by Visit Bihar – Except as otherwise provided herein, in the event that Visit Bihar must cancel a tour, Visit Bihar will give the Client a full refund of all payments the Client has made.
- Cancellation Due to War or Natural Disaster – In the event that the tour must be cancelled due to war or natural disaster in India and/or its vicinity, Visit Bihar will refund all payments the Client has made, except the costs of any nonrefundable hotel, air, or ground transportation tickets already purchased by Visit Bihar for the Client.
- Cancellation by Client - If the Client cancels for any reason, including, but not limited to, the refusal or inability to pay the Full Price of the tour, after having placed a deposit and/or other payments with Visit Bihar, the Client will incur cancellation charges as follows:
- More than 30 days prior to arrival date - 10% of package cost.
- 07- 15 days prior to arrival date – 50% of the package cost.
- Less than 07 days prior to arrival date - 100% of package cost.
- In case of Natural Calamity / Strike / Political Disturbances, if Roads remain open – the above Cancellation Policy will be applicable.
- Any alterations in the itinerary would attract cancellation & fresh booking charges.
- In case of adverse cancellation policy of hotel, the same would be applicable.